Public Health Resources
- Jordan: WHO Statistical Profile
- Country Cooperation Strategy for WHO and Jordan 2008-2013
- Ministry of Health in Jordan Website
- Health Laws in Jordan
- The National Strategy for Health Sector in Jordan 2015- 2019
- Department of Public Health and Community Medicine
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan High Health Council/ General Secretariat
- Health Sector Humanitarian Response Strategy
- Youth Well-being Policy Review of Jordan
- Jordan National Health Sector Strategy USAID 2015-2018
- JORDAN RESPONSE PLAN for the Syria Crisis 2016-2018 ReliefWeb
- The Tunisian Health System Profile
- National Health Strategy in Palestine 2017-2022
- The Website of the Tunisian Ministry of Public Health
Further Education in Public Health
Comprehensive Public Health Degree Guide
- Career Options
Selected Public Health Journals
Health Information for the Public
substance abuse and dental care: https://www.emergencydentistsusa.com/substance-abuse-and-dental-care/
Sleep And Your Immune System : https://www.bestmattressreviews.com/sleep-immune-system/
Drug dangers : https://www.drugdangers.com/
Alcoholtreatment.net : https://www.alcoholtreatment.net/
Alcohol Detox and Sleep : https://www.mattressreviews.net/alcohol-detox-sleep/
The Comprehensive Guide to Sleep Deprivation: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment:http://yoohealth.com/sleep-deprivation-causes-symptoms-and-treatment/
Summer health & safety tips:
International and Multilateral Organisations
- The UN on global health issues
- The World Health Organization – WHO
- WHO Regional Office for Europe
- WHO Collaborating Centres
- International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI)
- Health 2020 – the European policy for health and well-being
- Health-EU: the EU health portal
- EU’s Seventh Framework Programme
- EU Health Programme 2008 – 2013
- Interreg IVC – European Regional Development Fund
- EFSA (European Food Safety Authority)
- EMA (European Medicines Agency)
- EMCDDA (European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction)
- ECDC (European Center for Disease Prevention and Control)
- ECHA (European Chemicals Agency)
- Communication From The Commission To The Council, The European Parliament, The European Economic And Social Committee And The Committee Of The Regions Communication on Global health – The EU Role in Global Health
- The European Research Area: New Perspectives, Green paper 04.04.2007. “Inventing our future together”
- EEA grants on the Norwegian government’s Europe portal (only in Norwegian)
- Barents portal
- Barents Euro-Arctic Council
- Barents Regional Council
- Northern Dimension – European External Action Service
- Northern Dimension Partnership in Public Health and Social Well-being
- Arctic Council
- Council of the Baltic Sea States
- Nordic Council of Ministers
- Arkhangelsk International School of Public Health
- Nordic Council
- Nordic School of Public Health
- Swedish Institute for Communicable Disease Control
- Karolinska Institutet, A medical university, Sweden
- Statens Serum Institut, Denmark
- National Institute for Health and Welfare, Finland
- The Directorate of Health, Iceland
Public Health Global Portals
- Directory of Epidemiology Societies
This site was created in conjunction with the first North American Congress of Epidemiology held in Toronto in 2001, and is a listing of links to 22 Epidemiology Societies around the world.
- Europa – Public Health
This link is the European Commission Public Health web site supported by the European Union Health and Consumer Protection Directorate-General. The mission of the EU Health and Consumer Protection Directorate-General is to help make Europe’s citizens healthier, safer and more confident by keeping up to date the European Union’s laws on the safety of food and other products, on consumers’ rights and on the protection of people’s health. The Commission strives to improve public health in the European Union, to prevent human illness and diseases and to obviate sources of danger to human health. General information about the programs of the Commission appear on this site, as well as links to sites devoted to special topics such as Bioterrorism and HIV / AIDS.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
ECDC is a European Union agency established in 2005 with a mission to “identify, assess and communicate current and emerging threats to human health posed by infectious diseases.” The site includes links to ECDC activities, publications, and health topics.
- Martindale’s Public Health Center
This web site is the creation of Jim Martindale, a former consultant to the University of California, Irvine. It is a unique collection of links to four Public Health subgroups: Journals; Public Health Atlases, Cases, Courses, Videos/Movies; Laboratory Diagnostics & Protocols; and a Public Health Overview.
- Medical Society of the State of New York – Public Health
The Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) is an organization of approximately 30,000 licensed physicians, medical residents, and medical students in New York State. The Public Health portal on the MSSNY page includes resources divided into six categories: Health Alerts; Disaster Preparedness; Immunization; Public Health Concerns; Health Care Disparity; and Staying Healthy.
- National Health Policy Forum
NHPF is a non-profit based at the George Washington University in Washington, DC. “The National Health Policy Forum seeks to inform the public policy process by helping participants-federal health policymakers in the legislative and executive branches and in congressional support agencies-engage in rigorous, constructive, and respectful dialogue.” (see http://www.nhpf.org/about.cfm ). NHPF produces Issue Briefs, Background Papers, and Basics reports to inform policymakers. A portal with links to other resources can be found at http://www.nhpf.org/links.cfm .
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
The mission of the Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce is “Helping the public health workforce find and use information effectively to improve and protect the public’s health.” The main topics linked from the portal home page are Health Promotion and Health Education; Literature and Guidelines; Health Data Tools and Statistics; Grants and Funding; Education and Training; Legislation and Policy; Conferences and Meetings; Finding People; Discussion and E-mail Lists; and Jobs and Careers.
- Resources of Scholarly Societies
Public Health. This site, sponsored by the University of Waterloo Library (Ontario, Canada), is one of a set of subject pages in the Scholarly Societies Project , which facilitates access to websites of scholarly societies across the world. Links to websites of scholarly societies in Public Health (including epidemiology, infectious disease control, disease prevention, sanitation, health promotion, and environmental quality promotion) are listed on the web site. The web sites are assigned a “URL stability rank” (see more detail on the ranking formula at http://www.scholarly-societies.org/URL_stability_rank.html ).
- Population Reference Bureau
The PRB focuses on four “core themes”: Reproductive Health and Fertility; Children and Families; Population and the Environment; and Population Futures-Aging, Inequality and Poverty, Migration and Urbanization, and Gender. The PRB site has a collection of links divided into these core themes.
- Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness
The Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness is a gateway to freely available online resources related to public heath preparedness. Resources include expert guidelines, fact sheets, websites, research reports, articles, and other tools aimed at the public health community. All resources are cataloged and may be searched by keyword or browsed by topic.