MED-HEALTH Final Conference
MED-HEALTH Final International Conference in Public Health Management and Practice
“Best practices in Public Health Management Studies”
29-30 September 2018
Medina Solaria & Thalasso Hotel,Yasmine Hammamet,Tunis
The MED-HEALTH project welcomes you to submit your abstracts to the project Final Conference in Public Health Management Practice , which will be held on 29th – 30th September 2018 in Tunisia.
This conference aims at bringing together public health professionals and leading academicians to debate on public health education, strategies and policies and to exchange knowledge and experiences on key public health issues, contributing towards promoting public health at a national, regional level.
MED-HEALTH final conference will be an innovative and informative International Conference reflecting the direction of Public Health Management Studies while offering a wide range of diversions to participants of all backgrounds.creates a great platform to discuss current landscape and next steps for improving quality of public health studies in MED region. The conference will bring together leading academicians from partner country universities, master students, clinicians, public health professionals, health care specialists, health care workers, health economists, researchers, scientists, health workers, policy makers, social workers and other related professionals. The conference will gather renowned speakers from regional and EU partners, presentations, panel discussions, round table discussions, and valuable networking opportunities.
The Conference serves as an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and experiences on key public health issues, contributing towards promoting public health at a national, regional and global level.
A solid public health system constitutes a pillar of advanced societies, capable of providing their citizens with an enabling environment for development and smart and inclusive societies.
The importance of quality education in health for inclusive societies, sustainable development and growth is stressed within the current Europe 2020 Strategy and its Flagships Initiatives. Employability of graduates and stronger relevance of universities’ educational programmes for their socio-economic environment has moved high on the agenda of policy makers. Whereas in most European countries, HEIs have been developing policies and actions during the past decade, the situation in most European neighbouring countries is quite more precarious. In the Arab region, HEIs struggle to tackle the highest regional unemployment rate of the world, multifaceted health challenges and also a worrisome mismatch of the educational programmes with the socio-‐economic needs. Integrating the contents and skills that really fit health challenges for smart and inclusive growth constitutes the very ground of this project.
- To explain the sustainability of the initiative and future plans of the MED-HEALTH ,Erasmus+ project and to promote the importance of its ongoing nature and its utilisation within the Mediterranean region. Furthermore, the Conference will provide a platform for the award ceremony for the Master students.
- To bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Public Health Management. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Public Health Management.
- To discuss the role of public health in development at national, regional and international levels – sharing Experiences and exploring future perspectives.
- Creating Opportunity to experience the best public health practices in MED region.
- Empowering public health professionals to collaborate, innovate and help shape the future of public health landscape.
- Creating the largest platform in the MED region for innovative ideas and approaches to public health practice, policy and research that encourage further collaborations across multiple time zones.
- Inspiring setting to start new research, strategies, best practices and innovation.
- Interactive networking and knowledge exchange forum at the international level to identify, discuss and troubleshoot current public health issues across a range of disciplines and sectors.
- Supporting and nurturing the next generation of public health leaders.
- Engaging global and diverse voices, ideas, vision ,initiatives and actions of committed PH professionals.
- Strengthen and transform the global PH effort and influence decision making.
- Building multidisciplinary networks to promote public health at MED regional level.
MED-HEALTH Conference delegates will be better prepared to:
- Identify challenges and related solutions, trends, emerging issues and gaps
- Explore the current status of public health evidence, research, policy and practice
- Effective evidence-based education programs and health promotion practices
- Evaluate strategies for knowledge & skill translation
- Develop and access a network of colleagues and partners for initiating or expanding public health initiatives
Deadline for article submission and registration: 15 September 2018 Conference dates: 29 – 30 September 2018
|Dr. Abdulsalam Khayyat||An-Najah National University|
|Dr. Ghassan Hamdan||PMRS|
|Dr. Samar Abdulnoor||EMPHNET|
|Dr. Aouni Mahdjoob||University of Monastir|
|Dr. Malek Ghniymah||University of Manouba|
|Dr. Asharaf Shaqadan||Zarqa University|
|Dr. Mohammad Sarayreh||Mutah University|
|Eng.Hatem Sultan||University College of Applied Sciences|
|Dr. F. Guillen Geima||Navarra University|
|Dr. Alicia Blaya||AGORA|
Call for Contributions:
The committee accepts the following types of submissions:
• Abstracts, Research Papers, Student Papers, Case Studies
• Work-in-Progress Reports or Proposals for Future Research: Incomplete research or ideas for future research in order to initiate discussion.
• Reports on Issues Related to the conference topics: Reports related to innovative techniques or research
• Video or any digital contents related to the conference themes
Proposals are accepted by Sep 15 2018 at latest. All submissions will be reviewed and acceptance or rejections is based on many factors including relevance to the conference themes. Notification on acceptance will be forwarded within 5 days after the submissions.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not restricted to the following themes:
- Essential Issues in Public Health Policy
- Strategic Management and Commissioning
- Health Services Management.
- Health, Culture and Society
- Contextual factors and Health information systems
- Health Economics and Financing
- Emerging infectious diseases (EIDs)
- Sexual and reproductive health practices
- Climate Change Issues & global public health
- Global Immigration & public health Challenges & issues
- Health Informatics & public health
- Occupational Safety and public health
- Education & community based health practices
- Changing environment & the impact on public health practice
- Changing population and society & public health
- Multidisciplinary approaches in public health
- From Data to Policy: Changing life style and global non-communicable diseases prevention strategies
- Bridging the gap between research and policy and creating global platforms to discuss evidence based health policies and interventions
- Social determinants of health and inequity in low-middle- income countries.
- Global evidence on women’s health and the role of social and economic factors
- Health systems strengthening through human resource capacity building, effective health management and efficient financing.
The conference invites participation from members of the academia to submit unpublished theoretical, empirical and scientific papers focusing on the following subtopics.
- Regional perspectives in public health
- Public Health Education
- Epidemiologic Inference in Public Health
- Public Health Nutrition
- Humanitarian Relief and Health
- Public Health Policy
- Environmental Public Health
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- the Health Care Systems
- Disease Prevention & Health Promotion
- Information Technology and Public Health
- Social, Cultural and Behavioural Aspects of Public Health
- Health and Risk Communication in Public Health
- Quality & Safety in Healthcare
- Equity Issues in Public Health
- Design and Analysis Strategies in Health Services Research
- Hospital Management
Any Other related topic…
Abstracts may include research results, case studies and/or presentations based on experiences gained through practice and/or observation and decision-making in public health management or any other form of proposal.
Only abstracts of no more than 200 words and no less than 100 words will be accepted.
Each submission must be related to at least one of the main topics of the conference.
Abstracts must be unpublished and in English only. No other language will be accepted.
The abstracts should include a title, the authors’ name(s), institution and contact details (please
see the “Abstract Template” attached below).
Abstracts should be submitted to the conference organisers via email to: email@example.com
Please Prepare Your Abstract in the Following Format:
Keywords: Please provide here a maximum of 8 keywords, separated by comma Abstract:
Please summarise your later paper / your presentation in 3.000 to 6.000 characters (incl. spaces). The abstract should contain information on:
the main problem addressed and the aims of the project (introduction) the process, i.e. the methods used and/or approach taken
the results and impact
the conclusion, including learning opportunities and future potential
Tables and figures cannot be uploaded. Please use references where appropriate.
[NOTE: All text must be aligned left, 1.5 line spacing and size 12. All headings must be bold. Abstract must not exceed 200 words, must be written in English and saved as a Word file in version 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016.].